Omaha Virtual School PTO
January 11, 2017
Meeting called to order by President Suzi King at 5:45pm
Board Members Present: Suzi King, Wendy Loewenstein, Ashley Muller, Renee Kiernan, Jess Chromy
Absent: NaTasha Gall
- We welcomed all to the 2nd official PTO Member Meeting.
- The meeting was opened with the business announcements that we were still in process on the articles of incorporation, the EIN and the bank account.
- Our new mascot was announced – the Ocelot.
- We announced an Adopt-A-School Partner.
- We announced our new PTO Mission & Vision: A collaborative organization that creates engagement and learning opportunities for teachers and parents to support student success.
- The new Grade-Bands were discussed: K-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-5th, 6th-8th Purpose: To provide learning coaches an opportunity to collaborate and share to enhance students’ experiences and build a stronger community. Two co-facilitators of each grade-band group will facilitate meetings. TBD meeting times and places & communicate. Share tips, tricks, struggles, meet for lessons, support each other, remain positive
- Inform OVS of needs/concerns that arise
- Renee gave an update on Events Committee and urged people to join.
- Ashley gave an update on fundraising.
- There was an update on School Spirit.
- We announced that Committee meetings would take place at PTO meetings. Other meetings will be determined as needed.
- Upcoming PTO Meetings
- March 2nd @ 6:30pm
- May 11th @ 6:30pm
- Location TBD
Minutes respectfully submitted,
Suzi King, President